Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fettucine Carbonara

This recipe is from a Women's Weekly cookbook called 100 Pasta Favourites. I picked it up at a newsagent on friday with my Melbourne Cup winnings. This is the first recipe I've tried from it.

I used pre-sliced mushrooms, rindless bacon and pre-grated parmesan to speed up the cooking process a bit. This was really quick to cook - total 0f 15 minutes. Only catch is you have to eat it immediately after cooking it, so I can only cook it when the little princess is asleep. Luckily today she picked an early bed time, but it could lead to some late dinner times.

Thoughts - this was really yummy, but as with all creamy pasta dishes it was very rich, which meant I couldn't stomach a lot of it, but I did like it. Just meant there was a heap left over. Hopefully it reheats well for hubby's lunch tomorrow.

In future I'll chop the mushys myself - the mushroom chunks were too big for my taste. And I might add some garlic. Just because I love garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment