Saturday, November 7, 2009

Mince Chow Mein

This is another Maggi packet mix that hubby brought home. I'd never tried it before purely because I used to work as a waitress at a very swish Chinese restaurant, and it's turned me into a bit of a snob when it comes to Chinese food. Making a chow mein from mince just seemed really wrong. But hubby wanted me to try it, so I gave it a go.

As always I left out the onion. I used 500g of beef mince, a packet of 2-minute noodles, 1 cup of sliced cabbage and a heap of vegies (1 head of brocoli, a carrot, and 100g of snow peas, all chopped into small pieces). The pack actually asks for three cups of cabbage, but I've never been a huge cabbage fan so I traded it for extra stir fry vegies.

Thoughts - Have to be honest, I didn't care for it at all. The sauce was a bit too spicy for me, but at the same time I thought it was flavourless. I couldn't even finish a bowl full. But it was quick to cook. And hubby loved it. I'm sure I'll make it again because he liked it, but I'll avoid it if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment