Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Chocolate Royal Torte


I had some friends over for dinner on friday, so they could meet the little princess. And I knew they would be expecting something sweet, since sweets are kind of my thing. But I was determined to prove I can make something other than cupcakes, and I wanted something that I could serve cold because of the heat, so I went for the dessert section of a book rather than the baking section.


This recipe comes from the Epicure Chocolate book, which I bought ages ago from one of those book club things we have at work. It's the first recipe I've made from that book. It's basically a cinnamon meringue nest filled with a layer of whipped cinnamon cream and a layer of chocolate mousse. And the best part was I could make it a day ahead. So I was able to do each bit during Little Princess's naps.


Thoughts - this was lush. The mousse was so good I had to restrain myself from licking the plate. I was a bit concerned about how the cinnamon would taste in the meringue but it was really quite tasty. Hubby liked it too. I came back from work the next day to find he'd polished off the leftovers. I'll be making this again for the family this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment